The lifelong journey of adoption is complicated— everyone can benefit from advice and support along the way.
Whether you are currently parenting an adopted or fostered child of color; considering adopting a child of color; a first/birth parent, or an adult adoptee of color, you can benefit from one-on-one consultation with Pact’s expert, compassionate team. Our diverse staff is highly-trained and experienced, and made up of adult adoptees, adoptive parents, and first/birth parents. All our consultations are grounded in Pact’s honest, anti-racist, child-centered approach to adoption.
Learn more about:
Adoption is a lifelong journey, and parents often need a compassionate, knowledgeable thought partner and advisor along the way. Do you have questions related to adoption and your family that you need to discuss in depth? Are you feeling overwhelmed by all the information or advice you’ve gathered? A one-on-one adoption consultation with one of Pact’s team of professionals can help you move forward.
You can talk to a Pact consultant about:
- Difficulty talking to your child about their adoption
- Trying to understand the connections between adoption, emotions, and behavior
- Parenting in the context of adoption—how is it different?
- Hopes and/or fears related to contacting your child’s first/birth family and/or adoptive family
- Navigating open adoption relationships, including extended family members
- How you’re experiencing the intersections of adoption, race, and socioeconomic class
- Issues of adoption and race coming up in your transracial adoptive family
One- or two-hour adoption consultations are available to adoptive parents across the country. In person or by phone, we are available to help.
How to get started
After you register (click button above), you’ll fill out forms that tell us who you are and what you are looking for. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 243-9460.